Monday 25 August 2014

Nobody likes you when you're 23.

‘Nobody likes you when you’re 23.’

Yes I’m 23, and yes I’m quoting Blink182.

My apologies for not blogging as much as I’d like, but life can be hard to manage in your twenties.  So today I thought I’d post on some of the difficulties you may experience growing up.

1. Living with your parents – I moved out when I was 18 for university, and ended up living on my own for almost 5 years. Moving back home can be one of the hardest things – having to adjust back to their rules, and not having the complete freedom you used to have.

2. Saving money – for me this is for a mortgage. But it could be for a number of things, renting, holidays, driving etc. I’m quite a good saver, but I’m very impatient – it seems to be taking forever, but I know it will be worth it in the end.

3. Relationships and friendships – things change, people change and move on. We lose friends and make new friends as we get older. We see people less often as everyone now has their own problems and lives to lead. I have a group of friends who I’d call my best friends but sometimes don’t see them for months...this is hard to adjust to, but makes the times I do see them more worthwhile.

These are the 3 main problems I’m facing at the moment. I’m learning to be patient and always think positive – I’ll get there soon!

What do you find hard about growing up?


Lindsay May
Twitter - @lmrowe91

Instagram – Lindsaymay91


2 comments:

  1. I totally agree with you! But I love to come back to my parents home) also sometimes it's quite hard to make difficult decisions...oh)

    http://svlnblog.blogspot.ru

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lindsay I have nominated you for the sisterhood of the world bloggers award over on my blog niaelinormair.blogspot.com!

    ReplyDelete