Thursday 31 July 2014

Why do you wear make-up?


It's fair to say I'm a girly girl, I like make-up, hair, fashion. I buy new things I don't need because adverts/blogs draw me in. I buy nail polishs because I love the colour - yet then can never be bothered to paint my nails.

This post may get a bit rambly, so excuse me.

Someone I know (a lady, aged in her 40's) asked me recently why girls wear make-up and so much? 

She doesn't see the point in getting up earlier just to do your make-up to then be at work in an office/shop etc all day.  And then said who are they trying to impress, are girls trying to impress boys like this?

I don't know about you, but that is one of the last reasons I wear make-up...I wear make-up for me, no one else. It makes me feel better about myself, and comfortable in the way I am; I believe that make-up should enhance the features you already have. I'm not someone who won't go out without make-up on, I'm happy to go to my local shopping centre with nothing on, however I'd feel more comfortable with it on. It's actually quite hard to explain why.

I'd much rather get up earlier in the morning to do my make-up and go to bed a bit earlier the night before! 

She then went onto say a lot of young girls don't know how to wear/apply make-up and end up looking like this ice-lolly - where girls apply thick dark foundation (that doesn' match their skin tone) and then have big spots poking through:
I understand what she was saying, and it did make me chuckle a bit. 

But at the end of the day everyone gets spots, everyone has the right to feel comfortable in their own skin - whether it be with make-up or without! Do what makes you happy, everyone will always have their own opinions on you and judgements, but honestly what matters is how you feel about yourself!

Leave a comment and let me know why you wear or don't wear make-up.


Lindsay-May

Twitter: @lmrowe91
Instagram: Lindsaymay91




5 comments:

  1. Lovely post and picture! I wear makeup for myself and absolutely love applying makeup everyday!
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always said that I wear make up for me and only me, but after thinking deeper I realise this is simply not true. If it was then why can I go all day bare faced but then want to apply make-up before I go outside? I wear make up so I look attractive to other people, which is silly because I know I am at least semi-attractive.

    I understand where your lady friend is coming from though, I don't blame women for applying a bit of make-up for work. But I have often looked at professional business women who are just caked in it, complete with false tan, ridiculously long fake eyelashes, too long acrylic nails, short skirts and stilettoes and i just think how unprofessional they look.

    so in my opinion when it comes to make up, a little goes a long way.

    with that being said, I have read all of your blog post and adore how you do your make-up.

    molly xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment Molly, and the kind comments about my make-up.
      It's quite a hard one to describe I wear make-up for me as I enjoy it, but then I do agree with you about looking attractive to others - you're right a little goes a long way <3

      Delete
  3. Hello dear, your blog is interesting and I like it! would you like to follow each other on BLOGLOVIN? if you decided to follow me, please let me know so I can follow you back.

    ReplyDelete